FERON LLC is Russian pharmaceutical company with integrated business cycle, which includes R&D, production and promotion of antiviral immunomodulatory medication VIFERON® (rectal suppositories, ointment and gel). The company was founded in 1996 by leading experts in immunology and pharmaceutical engineering under the leadership of professor Valentina V. Malinovskaya, Sc.D. habil., Biology.
The original formula of VIFERON® consists of human recombinant interferon alpha-2b and high level antioxidants enhancing the therapeutic effect of interferon. Product formula is patented (№№ 2024253, 120337).
In over 25 years of operation the Company has gained a wealth of experience administering VIFERON® in treatment of a wide range of diseases (ARVI and influenza, herpesviral and urogenital infections, viral hepatitis B, C and D), supported by numerous GСP-conforming clinical trials conducted in leading hospitals in Russia and in other countries.
VIFERON® is registered in Russia and in other countries (Belarus, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Mongolia).
FERON LLC employs both unique scientific experience and sophisticated technology to provide patients with modern medications with recombinant interferon alpha-2b as API.
The broad spectrum of interferon alpha-2b effect and its unique patented combination with high-level antioxidants drive VIFERON® medications demand in many areas: pediatrics, neonatology, gynecology, obstetrics, therapy, urology and many others.
VIFERON® medications are available in the form of rectal suppositories (4 dosages), ointment and gel.
It is approved for use in children, including newborns and preterm infants, and in adults, including pregnant and nursing women.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
Acute and chronic diseases of viral and bacterial origin in children and adults:
- ARVI and influenza, including those complicated with bacterial infections
- Herpetic and other herpes virus infections (cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr virus, etc.)
- Urogenital infections, including vertically transmitted infections (chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, trichomoniasis, candidiasis, mycoplasmosis, gardnerellosis, HPV infection)
- Viral hepatitis B, C and D
- Other infectious and inflammatory diseases
VIFERON® suppositories/gel – since birth; VIFERON® ointment – from the age of 1 year.
Pregnant women: VIFERON® suppositories – since 14th week of gestation, VIFERON® ointment/gel – no limitations.
ADVANTAGES OF VIFERON®
- High therapeutic efficiency driven by combination of interferon and high-level antioxidants, which defines the original formula of medication
- It is a double action medication: it helps both to block viruses and to restore immune system
- High degree of safety: administration is allowed from the 14th week of pregnancy, and since the first days of a child’s life*, including preterm infants
- Easy-to-administer form and a variety of dosages allow to choose the optimal treatment regimen for children and adults
- Acts quickly, effectively helps to fight infection at any stage
- Goes well together with other antiviral and antibacterial drugs
- Effectiveness of VIFERON® medications is confirmed by numerous clinical studies conducted in the leading clinics in Russia and in other countries
* Instruction for the medical use of Viferon® Rectal suppositories.
VIFERON® RECTAL SUPPOSITORIES
- Effect of the dosage form is faster than that of oral medications
- Does not have a negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract
- Convenient dosage forms: easy to use in children, including toddlers (approved for children since birth)
- Comfortable method of application – once in 12 hours
- Approved for pregnant women starting from 14th week of gestation and for nursing women
VIFERON® OINTMENT AND VIFERON® GEL
- Easy to use – prolonged action of the medications allows to use them 2 times a day (prevention) and 3-7 times a day (treatment)
- Anti-inflammatory and regenerative effect
- Approved for children, including young children and future mothers during the entire period of pregnancy, and lactating women
! Combined use of suppositories VIFERON® and VIFERON® Gel\Ointment allows to enhance clinical effects of the treatment being performed.
VIFERON® QUALITY CONTROL
VIFERON® medications are produced from raw materials supplied by leading Russian and European suppliers.
We only work with the approved suppliers, and conduct annual supplier audits, which include on-site inspections.
Quality Control Division consists of virological, microbiological and chemical analysis laboratories. Quality Control Division controls every batch of raw materials and finished products using over 250 indicators.
The production is held in specially equipped cleanroom complex. Each year all production premises undergo certification of compliance to GOST14644 and international ISO standards.
VIFERON® production lines are comprised of the most advanced Italian and German equipment.